Monday, July 28, 2008

Over Flowing ~ Too pumped up to sleep !!, TY Emails

--

The other night I tossed and turned. I felt as though I was wrestling with GOD about what to say to these people when I had the opportunity to speak at church. Well, it went well. Many said they were touched or it was a powerful message. It blows me away. I'm not a preacher, yet this is the second time to Africa and once again, they're calling me pastor/preacher Dave.

It's just neat to be part of a message coming together even if I did have to lose some sleep over it. It is now 5:44 AM Monday July 28th and I am wide awake. The rest of the house is deftly quiet. Only the clicks of my keyboard and outside in the distance, I hear Roosters, are breaking the peace that surrounds us here.

Anita always described "Ghana Time," to me. Things happen as they happen. Hey, my eyes open, my feet hit the floor and I'm ready to go.

I met Chief Tsasky (cha-chi), and I don't think I spelled that correctly but it's close. He is a jolly man whose smile is infectious. The people are kind and warm and make you not want to ever leave. They are hungry for the Lord and have servants hearts. I don't know if I'll ever be able ti FULLY describe what I feel here, but the essence is captured very well in Anita's book.

Please pray for Anita as she has been feeling a bit shakey. Slightly dizzy / nervous. You'll notice an out of the ordinary type-o's on her blog at http://www.anitatarlton.blogspot.com/ I believe it to be from the Malaria pills. She is very sensitive to things and is having a bit of a rough go of it with concentrating. She normally takes the once a week pill but we are taking the daily pill this trip. I felt it the first day but got beyond it. She's just not 100% and very much appreciate me being along side. It's really an honor to be with her here. There place where GOD ripped her heart out and planted it. She will forever have a home here, as will I now too.

We have not made it to the Eban House orphanage yet or purchased the supplies that your donations will afford us to do. When we arrived we were informed that the orphanage had been robbed and the care-taker was beaten and raped. Please pray concerning this. We will be meeting Anita Gillispie, who is from the USA and flew over, arriving today. She is the one that our Anita met online through her Ghana group and hooked us up with Eban house for the future.

We are worn out tired at the end of the day. We're fed well and the fresh/cold pineapple and mango is a special daily treat. I finally had rice water!! (rice watah). It is a rice porridge. They put sugar and milk on it. I said GOD is doing and I shall do a NEW thing. So I put Milo on mine and Rev James tried it and liked it too. Hey a lil' chocolate powder on anything is good!

Well, let me share some more photos.


Anita and Victoria. Richard's wife and mother of our grand kids Lil' Anita, Christabel and Jr. She gave me a hug I can still feel in my soul.



This is a woman with a mission. She studies the map to be familiar with the land she loves and GOD sent her to.



Chief Tsatsy. A good man and I really dig his outfit!




The New road to the site of the future worship and training ground of Christ Harvests the Nations Ministries.



Possibly the cover of the next book? Two Steps????


We met Rev Joseph who has planted three churches in the region we want to place wells in. He is about to plant his fourth in just two years time. His first started with 3 people and now has an attendance of 70. He is following the multiplication principles I learned from Pastor Ralph Moore in Hawaii.

--

Thank You for the emails. It's a bit tought to respond but, Tam, Sylv, Aliza, Wendy and Pam, THANK YOU !! I appreciate very much your feed back on the blog and your kind words and prayers. MUCH NEEDED Indeed. Still need to hear from back home, ya know?

--

Peace In !!! :o)

I have the most awesome wife, friends and life, I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!


David Lee Waters Sr.,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Dave!

I have enjoyed reading your and Anita's blogs. Your writing is so expressive, I felt like I was there with you. I am a visual person, so the photos really helped!

I am so glad you and Anita are able to share this wonderful experience.

Later Buddy,

Sam

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sam. That reminds me, we forgot to take a picture of us with a copy of the Charlotte Observer we brought along. I saw you on the Great Wall in China with one!!