Thursday, July 24, 2008

With a lil' Help from our Friends, Ghana Bound,

--


We're sitting in the Charlotte airport at Gate A1. It has been smoothe thus far. With a LOT of help from our friends, we're gonna make it.

Brings a song to mind -

GOD says you're gonna make it
God says you're gonna make it
GOD says you're gonna make it

You're gonna make cause the Master's on board!

--

A very old man, 97, once told me, well okay, t=old folks repeat themselves, he told me many times, "If GOD is in it, a little is a LOT!"

When I was headed for Swaziland in 2005, I came to the airport about 5 hours early. Is that "Ready to GO" or what? But I had to wait for 4 hours for the ticket counter to open up, before I could check in and head for my gate. About 30 minutes before that, I saw on the flight schedule board, that my flight had been delayed, then cancelled. I was FREAKIN' out! I called Anita, whom at that time I'd only met in person once, at 4:30 AM. That's in the morning!

I finally got re-routed through JFK, which is where we're headed today. Today has been wonderful. We had everything packed and ready to go last night. We had breakfast and showers and loved on our grrrrAnimals, Scarlett, Sadie (who ate the cat's food twice this morning, as well as her own) Zkitty, Jazz and Springsteen.

Amanda, Anita's eldest daughter, drove my truck, the bed full of fully packed luggage. I mean we weighed them out folkks. Two bags each. Mine checked in at 49.5 and 49.6 pounds. Anita's at 48 and 40. I believe GOD arranged for it all to fit and be within weight.

I'm carrying all the stuff Anita's friend "Cat," brought over for the orphanage. Coloring books, crayons, pencils, bubble liquid, stuffed toys. I also packed all the candies we'd bought at the dollar store yesterday too. (I got some sour ones, just to wathc their little faces).

Anita said she and good friend Davi passed out dum-dums one year. You know the smaller version of tootsie roll filled suckers, that don't have the tootsie roll inside that the rich doctors give you when they've tortured you with a needle.

The kids just looked at them wondering what they were. Davi unwrapped two and put one in her mouth and one in a little boys mouth and Anita says his face just went, "Oh, ahhhh, mmmmmm" and the other kids followed suit! They'd never had a piece of candy in their lives. Probably have better teeth, huh?


So, the sour should be fun. :o)

---

So hey, every one of you. We are soooooo appreciative that I'm tearing up thinking of each of you now. YOU made this possible. GOD in your hearts. The prayers, the donations. The Spirit that we all share. If I never communicated with you again, I'd want to say three things.

WE LOVE YOU
WE APPRECIATE YOU
and read "The Shack." That book will do a lot for you.

Of course I'd ask for you to continue what we're doing and go to Ghana to plant Wells, in remote villages, care for the orphans, testify about JESUS!

Our prayer for you is that you come to know more and more each day, the never ending love that GOD has for you through Christ Jesus. And your hearts would feel the same flutter and your eyes sparkle as you speak of the wonderful life you have with Christ in it!

Amen

----

Anita and I have been wanting to do this WITH someone, to share this experience that GOD has placed so deep in us that it's undeniable. And today, with a LOT of help, it is being realized. We are so grateful for you all. We're so incredibly blessed, we're over flowing and that is exactly how we should be, as we enter into a mission.

THANK YOU !!



FYE - It's always better to share the experience !




--


Peace Out -

David Lee Waters Sr.,

No comments: