Saturday, July 17, 2010

A call to ACTION

---

As many things as we've seen and done while here in Ghana, and for that matter, for me, in my life, the experience I can not forget, the one that brings me to my knees sobbing is the children and people in the Dump.


From Ghana_2010_Day 03
(This is David and his mother and sister)(David who said he wants to be like me)

When I close my eyes, I see them.  When I listen to ONE by U2 with Mary J Blige sing, "one love, one life, one need."  I think of them.

I feel compassion rise up in me until I am dry heaving, I sob uncontrollably, I pray and I beg GOD to help me share this passion; to prepare hearts to receive it as an EMERGENCY!

I can have a hard time getting all dressed up nice and going to church to sing praises to Jesus while my brothers and sisters are in the Dump suffering all kinds of injustices, being denied the most basic of human needs, scraping out an existence that should NEVER be ignored!

From Ghana_2010_Day 03
(This is Esther, her scalp bears witness to her living conditions and her lacking necessary daily dietary needs)

How can we come to the altar without them heavily burdening our hearts?  Where is their Jesus?

Let yourself go hungry every now and then, and in that discomfort, remember them.  Wear the same clothes for a few days, don't bathe, remind your self over and over.  Try to close your eyes and not see your own children in that circumstance.

You would move heaven and earth to rescue your own children. You would rally people and motivate and beg and plead and barter and work tirelessly with relentless passion to save your children from an existence like this.  What about the least of these?

I am asking, I am begging, I am pleading, I am on my knees sobbing to our great, good kind and loving GOD to convict your hearts like mine.  To burden them until you feel so uneasy that you simply MUST DO SOMETHING about it.


From Ghana_2010_Day 03
(this is Esther, and she is Beautiful!)

A call to ACTION.  I ask, "since when, is children, any child, any where, living in and eating from a Dump NOT a state of EMERGENCY?  For the children who have had no choice in this.  Who have been born reaping seeds they did not sow.

Children who need a Champion

Children who need YOU!

---

Join us in caring for the least of these, in providing a Hope for the future, in shining the light within each of you,  into their lives.

Join us and come to Ghana and be changed for ever.

Join us and give $50 to sponsor one of these children for a year, into school, where they will receive an education, a uniform and a meal per day.

---

Now close your eyes, see the little ones who need you and ask GOD, "what do You want me to do about this?"

Do not quench the Spirit's urging.  You can not out give GOD, but it's incredible fun and there is no better life, than trying!

---

passionately -

David Lee Waters Sr.

The choice has been made
There is no looking back. 
have stepped over the line
I won't let up, back up, 
give up or shut up. 
My focus is clear.
My path straight
My GOD reliable


---

No comments: