Friday, July 9, 2010

Ghana 2010 Day 04

I am alive and well on the morning of Day 5 posting about Day 4.

Here's the link for a photo album of day 4   http://picasaweb.google.com/weministry/Ghana_2010_Day04

We hit the raod at 7am and traveled to Potwabin, in the central region of Ghana, West Africa.  We met with the chief and elders as is the formal custom to share greetings and state our intention, which was to visit with Grace & the rest of the village and follow up on the purification system.  They now have a gas powered pump to bring the water to the polytank for purification.

Grace's Mom Rebekkah, gave us a goat, some plantains and we all hasd some fresh coconut juice/milk and meat.

We headed down the road about 2pm GMT, and arrived at Elmina Castle, a point of no return for many slaves.  I despise that place and the crimes against humanity committed there.  Not a happy happy joy joy kind of place.  It kicks me in the gut, like the Dump does.  I know I'll lead teams there again in the future, but I pray oh GOD, please never let me become immune or numb to it's atrocities.  Let me experience the grief and pain each and every time aqs we vow to never turn a blind eye towards our fellow brothers and sisters.

---

Today, some street evengelism in Community 4, and some shopping in both the Tema market as well as the Accra Arts and Crafts Center.

Thanks for following and supporting us on the journey through prayers and encouraging emails.

Feel free to contact us with messages or questions at weministry@gmail.com

David Lee waters Sr.

No comments: