Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 11


---


Potwabin part II


We returned to Potwabin to complete the water purification installation as promised!


I had thought numerous times about how to weasel out of it so I could go shopping with the girls, (Becky, Davi & Anita) on Saturday, tomorrow.


I reasoned that I'd trained numerous people and rationalized that everything would be okay without me.


I missed the Accra market last year and I was thinking selfishly. GOD wouldn't let me out of it, so I resigned myself to go to make the return to Potwabin and began the positive thinking that the eternal optimist that I am usually maintains. I'd get to see Grace again and GOD would get the glory. I travelled six thousand miles to install water purification systems and I made a promise to finish what was started. GOD is doing the same with me.


Turns out that we returned from the northern trip a day early and we completed the Potwabin purifier today!


It was once again a grand celebration with me teaching the kids my water dance afterward! (I'll show you some video of it when I'm back, maybe even put a blurb on YouTube!)




Anita cried a bit on the way down the road, leaving Potwabin. I felt what she displayed. I miss it already. We need another week!!!!!


We left behind some clothing for the village and rewarded ourselves with a Fanta Orange on the ride home.


It's 12:03 AM now and we're in the living room with Rev Jame & Mary discussing the wonder of GOD and life.


You can not seek GOD and not find GOD.


You can not come to Ghana and not be changed forever!


---


All that remains is shopping on Saturday, Church on Sunday followed by our team taking the fine folks that have taken incredible care of us every step of the way, and then Jerusalem Gates Academy on Monday morning, followed by party down with FuFu & Goat soup at Rev James' place with all the folks we've come to know here this trip!


And flying back to the USA on Tuesday!



---


See ya soon!


David Lee Waters Sr.,


---

Check out

http://anitatarlton.blogspot.com/
http://craigandbeckycheek.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done you good and faithful servant!!!