Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 5 - Potwabin

All did not turn out well today. Due to President Obama's visit we were unable to purchase a PolyTank container for installing a water purifier in Potwabin. But all is not lost, we improvised and did training as you can see above, in a small tub, with the purifier hung on a tree. Pictures are Isaac, who just got over malaria and the Chief of the village.

I was told I needed the fashion police called on me this morning and while we were enroute to Potwabin, we stopped for lunch and this girl had similar taste! BooYah!

This is a Potwabin family and you can see that it is a very remote jungle village with no running water or electricity with mud & thatch huts.



The team had a great time. Here we are with Grace and her mother. We didn't get two words out of Grace last year and this year, as a 14 year old, she came right up and spoke quite a bit! She is holding her niece in this photo.


I was told that GrassCutter is good to eat, so I bought one, road side on the trip home. Anita said it looks like road kill.

This was Becky's favorite. Watching Becky is half the joy. I remember it all as first's for me last year and to see her experience it all. She's ever the grandmother and always attracted to the least of these.
Davi gets surrounded by kids and is totally in her element. You can see it and feel it. It's a beautiful thing.

Anita gets a perpetual grin when she goes to see Grace. They've known each other for 8 years now. We've developed strong relationships in Potwabin and look forward to seeing them every year we come here.
One good thing, is I have to go back there this trip and finish what I started with the water purification. They promised to have my favorite Fufu and Goat soup waiting!!!!!
So glad GOD is finishing what GOD began in me.
And I pray Jesus has Fufu & Goat soup waiting for me in Heaven!
---
We'll be gone next week from Mon-Fri, so hang in and look for a huge update when we get back!
---
David Lee Waters Sr.,

---





2 comments:

Elaine said...

Thanks so much for sharing your trip. You are doing such wonderful work.

Jacqui said...

You are definitely 'glowing' in Ghana! Love you guys so much! Can't wait to catch up and hear all the stories and praise reports! XOXO