Sunday, August 3, 2008

Abundant Bubbles, Child like Joy, A day at the Beach

---

Here is a video of our accommodations at Rev James' place in community 25, Tema, Ghana.





AND... Since I LOVE you all so very much.. (in Twi, me-doe-oo-paa) You get TWO videos today!


This is a video of the right hand man / PR guy of a Kpeve village called Adigbo Tornu, explaining the need of a well. ( I missed the very first part of his presentation)


Please pray we can place this well and I see these lovely people again


---

Well it's 6:30 AM and it's Sunday Aug 03, 2008. We get to go worship at CHNM this morning and Anita and I are taking RJ & Richie and family our for lunch at a pizza and ice cream joint!

We did the ice cream there with Richie and kids yesterday. It was very good. Creamier than in the USA. Might be like Gelato in Europe, less air. Not sure the pizza is good, but the pictures of it looked GREAT. Ya know, no matter how much I'm enjoying all these new things. There are old familiar things that really bring comfort.

We're creatures of habit. We seek comfort in our surroundings. Every now and then we need to challenge ourselves and go outside of our comfort zones and be changed forever.

Jesus said to a very learned man, Nicodemus, "you must be born again."

Yesterday I was blowing bubbles for the kids and I had the absolute best time. Laughing and playing and holding it in front of an oscillating fan I had the whole house filled with bubbles and adult and child alike were full of joy. We were all like children. Our faces could not hide it. It over flowed in shrieks of laughter.

"I came to give them life, life more abundantly," said Jesus. I believe children live a more abundant life. I feel as though we need to loosen up some and enjoy more. Life has it's ups and downs, but all work and no play doesn't sound like much fun at all.

Just sharing some things on my heart this morning. Selah ~


Alexandra, RJ & Mary's eldest, having that very child like joy I'm speaking of!


Anita, Richie and kids enjoy a stroll along the beach in Tema.

Lil' Anita gets a ride on Grandpa Dave's shoulders while enjoying the ocean breeze!

---

We got to spoil the kids a bit yesterday and it was FUN! We ended with ice cream and it was FUN!

Have some FUN today. If I can have joy watching kids play, what do you suppose happens when GOD sees HIS children all over the world having FUN?

I'll bet the angels in heaven are all dancing with us and joy fills our hearts.

No comments: