Monday, August 4, 2008

Birthing.. Family Photos

---
MamaeAnita is such an appropriate name for my wife. It was her trips here and book that inspired myself and some I know to make this journey, like Bonnie Hood and Davi Trotti. The woman that Anita met yesterday named Happy told Anita she is the birthing place of a powerful ministry for here. Anita gave Happy a copy of her book. I know she will learn that her words were spot on.
--
David & Chief Takyi (Tachee). We bonded immediately and were inseperable. I'll see him for the last time this evening.

(front row left to right)- Chief Takyi, Rev James Godlly, Lil-Anita, Richie holding Jr., Mary holding Kelsy, and Abigail holding Alexandra.

(back row left to right)- Stephen (takes RJ's kids to school), Victoria(Richies Wife), Me, Anita Ato(Ah-Too) and wife Ruth holding child Edith Nora


Rev James and family

The Silver Lining, GOD's gift, my reward, my spoiled rotten Angelic Baby Doll, Mamae-Anita


She even does dishes.



---


Anita and I had Hawaiian Pizza and some ice cream, and I had to try the fried chicken. It is spicey. They do not have regular fried chicken. Seems things are either bland or spicey, no in between and definitely not much sweet, except the natural fruit!



I just wanted to share some photo's from yesterday before we head out today, filming at the dump and maybe some shopping at the market in Accra.



Unfortunately the water has been off since last night, and the help is gone. Abigail attends school during the week and Emanuel had to go see his mother who is ill and lives 4 hours away. So Anita and I fetched some water and did the dishes after another splendid breakfast.


---
I can't remember if I shared this already or not. Please forgive me if I have, but when we were in Kpeve, and I was preaching, I said the Lord had given me a specific number, 42, and I wrote it down three times. Once on the plane on the way over and twice that evening as I prepared to speak.

So I wanted to find out who was in need of $42 without giving the number, we asked if anyone had a super urgent need that money would solve. I mean we all could use a few buckaroos, well Cedi's here, which by the way we get about 106 Cedi's for $100 US dollars.

No one jumped out of their seat so we left it with the pastor and felt maybe someone who was not in attendance was in need of that exact amount.

As we were leaving an elderly woman walked up to Anita and handed her a hand written note on a crumpled piece of notebook paper and swiftly walked away. I asked about it and Anita wanted to read it later.

So the next day we looked at it and it askled us to please help with an orphanage. It had a name and a phone number. I asked the pastor, who was still with us, now in Logba, about 45 minutes from Kpeve, to call the phone and inquire but he did not get an answer and he did not know the woman personally to verify that she indeed had an orphanage. I looked at the note again and began to add up the digits in the phone number.

It added up to 42. Selah ~

---

More later... be sure to check out Anita's blog at http://www.anitatarlton.blogspot.com/

No comments: