Saturday, August 9, 2008

Still Walking the Pages, Gnawing return..., Trusting GOD

---


I imagine the interview process was pretty intense when the first men came back from outer space or the moon. Did they see Moon people? Did they experience anything that wasn't revealed over the radio or video. I'm sure a team of experts were involved.

So here I am, still reeling from the mission trip to Ghana. A transformational one that has me up at 5:30 AM typing to you about it. I'm reminiscing, looking at pictures, watching videos. Processing it all. I get that 1000 yard stare. I want to talk about it. I want to share it with others and they don't seem to be interested. It's as though they'll politely listen for a few minutes then change the subject, not fully embracing it and I'm found wandering in my mind again... back...

...back to walking the pages of Anita's book. Even the unwritten pages. What I mean by that is there are things I know that she has shared with me, that have happened on her return and even as many times as she tried to share with me, I never really "got it" until I went and experienced it myself.

And now, here I am, experiencing the same after math process. Anita said on her first return in 2001, she sat in a chair and cried for three weeks. I'm not doing that, but I have had a sudden outburst of emotion wash over me like a tidal wave. Way down deep. So severely moved that I felt like blowing chunks. I think about hearing pastors that spoke of Jesus looking back at Jerusalem and having compassion. That he was so deeply moved, he lost the contents of his stomach or groaned inwardly, in the deepest and innermost places.

I picture the child and the woman at the dump. The face of Cedric. The children with no parents at the orphanage. The kids at Jerusalem Gates Academy, whose rickety school is going to be torn down. I think about, I know about the call GOD has placed on my life, so far down inside that I can't shake it.

There is no decompression. Only a further burdening. Only a gnawing yearning to return. This mission trip was more than a trip or an experience. It wasn't a paradigm shift but a culmination of many past events in our lives and clear direction for our future ministry and personal lives.

I remember when I got out of the military, I threw myself into my work and told employees that their every decision should be in the best interest of the company. Even when they're off the clock that they should be getting enough sleep in order to come and give an honest days work for an honest days pay. I mean if you come and give only 80%, you'll still receive 100% of your pay check will you not?

So, with clear direction, I feel that Anita and I have to act accordingly. I got to speak at length with Davi last night and it was delightful. She is another burdened for Ghana soul. And we found it hard to stop the conversation and we could just about finish each others sentences. We have a common ground that others don't understand.



I'm transformed.
The choice has been made,
There is no looking back.
I have stepped over the line.
I won’t let up, back up,
Give up, or shut up.
My focus is clear,
My path straight,
My GOD reliable,
I'm returning to Ghana...




... Again and again until HE returns or I'm taken home to forever be with HIM. I'm ruined. Nothing will ever be the same. I will long for souls to go and experience the same transformational experience. I'm at another level. One I'd been seeking. Praying for "more," is a dangerous thing folks. Praying for all GOD has to give is a fearfully wonderful process of surrender and exciting answer. Knowing full well that you will walk through the valley and in the shadows, but that HIS light will invade all darkness and being a vessel of HIM is the ultimate of purpose in this life.



You will reach the mountain top and yearn for it over and over again, even as the glory of HIS presence fades from your face.

I pray that you will pray and surrender all. It was easy for me, to see that GOD's way was better than my destructive plight. Though in surrender I did pray, "GOD please don't send me to Africa." I knew, I knew, I knew, that when I prayed that prayer, that I'd surrendered to the point where I was willing to go anywhere, anytime for any length. And it still scares me.



In my flesh I don't want to spend the next 30 years in a slum in Nairobi. But that is not the calling on my life. It is as I find, the usual opposite of what I'd thought. GOD's funny that way and I love it.



As I spoke that last Sunday to the congregation at Christ Harvests the Nations in Tema, Ghana. On the continent of Africa; I told the people that I'd come there thinking I was a missionary from the USA. When in fact, GOD has revealed to me, that everything I find so fascinatingly wonderful, how GOD had prepared Anita and I for each other and for HIS purposes, was to be a missionary to the USA.



To bring the experience back here and share it and pray that the Spirit works it's magical process on a willing heart and soul to answer the call and join us on a mission, closer than ever to GOD and to another level in our Spiritual life. To Ghana, the land with a Spirit of Akwaaba (Welcome) that will never be forgotten and will always be calling, from within.












Fufu and Goat Soup, mmm mmm Good!

---
You know when you experience the Spirit of GOD. You will not be doing what you used to do. Things that used to bring joy, fade away. Replaced by a burden on your heart. Possibly and probably an unpopular one among those who know and love you. You're there among them, but you're somewhere else. Your wildest imagination never saw this, but it feels so right, like a garment made for you long ago, when you were fearfully and wonderfully made and knit together in your Mother's womb.


Anita was the birthing place of this ministry, before we met. Before we had any idea this was what we'd do as a servant team for the kingdom. Her inability to forget a little girl named "Grace." Her GOD gifted ability to write about it and express her experience. The Spirit upon that message that convicted others to Act, upon it and seek out this little girl from a remote village in West Africa called Potwabin.

The notoriety of that team making ripples to another place in the lake that felt the travelling waves from the stone Anita cast into it, disturbing the universe from end to end. Shaking up the world to heaven's purpose, with Angels scurrying about and the Spirit searing hearts with burning passion to Go and Be the Church.
The very body of Christ.

Anita's writing, ripples, passion, ability, inability, answering of the prompting by the Holy Spirit of GOD; Jesus with us, regardless of popularity, to birth a chain reaction of events that brought this tiny village, a healed girls face that smiles today and a Well for healthier members of the community and electricity.


GOD"s blessings, pressed down, shaken and over flowing.
Folks, this is what I'm talking about. This is what can happen in your life if you're willing to do One thing.

TRUST GOD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:4-6 (NIV)


---
I'm married to the gift, the author, and I get to look into the eyes of this blessing. The birthing place of this thing that is bigger than any of us. We're unable to contain it and it's over flowing. Please, if you're feeling any prompting, pray about it and contact us. ~ Selah


---
There are 16 online photo albums now available that I uploaded yesterday using Google's Picasa, if you're interested.


Also please be sure to check out Anita's blog, "The Silver Lining" at http://www.anitatarlton.blogspot.com/


---

I'm wearing a bracelet that states, "I have a Heart for Africa." I pray one day, you do too!
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26 (NIV)

Peace out - Ghana on my mind !

David Lee Waters Sr.,

No comments: